One pan skillet recipe that can be used as a side or full meal. The preparation for this dish takes longer than the actual meal to cook, but all the fresh ingredients make the prep well worth it! This dish won’t re-heat as well as some other dishes, but you can get away with 2nd or 3rd day re-heats. I always make a little extra to bring for lunch the next day, so that I can make my co-workers jealous 🙂 See the easy steps below to make thisVegetarian Zucchini “Rice” with Corn, Beans, Tomato and Feta dish:
- Zucchini (2 medium-sized)
- Olive oil (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic (chopped, 2 cloves)
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Cumin (1/2 teaspoon)
- Corn (I used frozen, but fresh is best!)
- Onion (about half of a large white onion)
- Black beans (1 16 oz can)
- Grape tomatoes (1 large handful, cut longways)
- Feta cheese (for topping)
1. Start by pealing the skin off of your zucchini and cutting off the top and bottom of each. Then, get out your grater out and grate both of your zucchinis. This will seem like a lot of “zucchini rice” but it will shrink up when added to your saucepan. Once grated, set aside.
2. Chop up your garlic, onions and tomatoes and strain your beans. Add all of these ingredients (including the zucchini) to a hot saucepan with olive oil. Add the rest of your spices and mix.
3. You want your stovetop heat to be on the high side, as cooking the zucchini too long will cause it to become mushy. Keep a close eye and stir frequently. After all of your ingredients are added to the saucepan, it will only take about 10 minutes to cook.
4. Top your zucchini rice with some feta cheese and enjoy!