A healthy breakfast or mid-day snack. Full disclosure – I thought this recipe was going to be TOO healthy for both Alex and I’s liking. HOWEVER – we both really like them! So – if you’re thinking “Ok, I want to be healthy but not THAT healthy” I get it. But seriously, try it out. This recipe is more messy than it is difficult, but having these oat balls as a quick on-the-go treat during the week is well worth it. Another benefit is that they can be changed up to fit your cuisines needs. Add some dark chocolate chips in with the peanuts, or add some cranberries and almonds for a slightly different, but still delicious oat ball! See the easy steps below to make this Peanut Butter Oat Balls snack:
- 1 Banana (ripe if possible)
- 2 1/2 cups of plain oats
- Honey (2 tablespoons)
- Vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
- Unsalted peanuts (1 cup)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Peanut butter (3/4 cup)
- Coconut oil (1 1/2 tablespoons)
1. Get out a decent sized bowl to mix all your ingrediants in. Start by mushing your banana with a fork, to break it up and make a paste. Add in your oats and mix. Your mixture will be chunky at this point. Add in your honey and coconut oil.
2. This will seem a little weird, but the next step is to put your bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds. This will melt the coconut oil and make the rest of the ingrediants easier to mix.
3. Take your bowl out of the micorwave and add your peanut butter, peanuts, salt and vanilla extract. Mix again. Once mixed well, start rolling your balls!
4. It’s a little messy, but after you roll a container of oat balls you’ll be set for breakfast for a week (ish)! Place the rolled balls in a tupperware container and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour before eating.